I saw a colony of ants crawling on the wall this afternoon and I started to think “how nice if my thoughts are as simple as the ant's”.
Those tiny creatures are known for their strength and determination. Apart from being very socially active and unselfish, they are also the most focused of beings. They know what they have to do in their respective lives, i.e., get food. But humans, I still don't know what our roles are, In spite of being the most intelligent; we are also the most confused!
With many people that I know are leaving their profession as an auditor, I started to question myself where the future lies for me. With such news I can't help but to feel depress, confuse and uncertain. I really wonder if I need to spend 3 years in this profession before I realize that this profession doesn't suit me.
Being seconded to an overseas engagement and working with the high level management has made me realize that this profession is not as simple as it seems. There are lots of things that come with our job. In our profession, we are simply doing our work but this simplicity may be seen as otherwise by clients. Being seconded to Indo has really been a great exposure to me and it really has made me realized the reality of business world where everyone are just trying to save their bowl of rice.
Indeed I am now in a state of confusion and trying hard to find an answer to all my questions. But I guess I have to be patience with everything that remains unsolved in my heart. Things may not be answered right now, and I should not try looking for the answer because I may not be able to live with those answers with my present state of mind.
I guess it is a question of experiencing everything. At present I may have to live with such unsolved mysteries but perhaps I will gradually, without even noticing it, find myself experiencing the answer.
Labels: Thoughts